We work closely with the homeowner and builder to identify the point of access and ensure a smooth installation process. The following steps are essential for each Nexstream Connected home.
Outdoor Fiber Conduit
Minimum standard for conduit running from meter to home is 3/4″
- Conduit must be installed in concordance with electrical.
- Nexstream can be hired to install conduit.
- Alternatively, conduit can be purchased from Nexstream and delivered to the homesite to be installed by builder.
- Mainline fiber will be spliced and connected to the home upon completion of construction for delivery of Nexstream services.
Some things to keep in mind BEFORE wiring a new home
- Consult with us prior to electrical wiring and lighting selection to explore energy-saving low voltage options for lighting control.
- Before the walls have been insulated, cat6 network cabling is installed to the identified points throughout the home.
- 2 inch conduit (with one coaxial and two cat 6 cables) is dropped to every TV location, ensuring ease of future expansion.
After construction is completed, we pull fiber through the previously established conduit. The home is now Nexstream Connected!