Nexstream is looking for a detail oriented, problem solver to join our construction / installation team. Network Installers have a strong understanding of structured cabling, wireless technologies, and construction skills. Enjoy working with your hands and spending time outdoors. Network Installers will install, troubleshoot, and repair Internet services in both residential and commercial environments.
Network Installers are the face of Nexstream Internet to our customers. On a standard install appointment, Installers are responsible for setting our customers up for success by ensuring all of their devices are connected to their Nexstream router and teaching them how Nexstream Internet works in simple and easy to understand terms.
Our Network Installers work alongside and under the supervision of our project managers and will also interact with team members in customer service, our sales department, and our trade partners. Network Installers are exposed to many applicable skills that build proficiencies in the life cycle of fiber and wireless technologies.
We believe that our team members are our most valuable resources. We invest in developing employees on an individual level, because we understand that the talents and character of each person infuse a unique influence into our organization, customers, and beyond. As a team we are always learning and seeking enthusiastic people willing to help shape, grow, and improve both themselves and the company. If you feel you could contribute to this dynamic culture, we’d love to meet you!
Role Description (Roles & Responsibilities)
Performing under the direction and supervision of the Outside Plant Manager, the network installer will assist/perform the essential job duties and functions as listed below:
- Perform site evaluations for potential customers
- Pull, route, and label cabling in many different building types
- Create new pathways for cabling to route through buildings, including to rooftop
- Install various roof mount types and wireless radios on each building
- Calibrate wireless radios with other team members to create a connection from one building to another or from one building to a tower
- Configure customer routers and devices
- Effectively educate customers on how to operate equipment after setup and installation
- Log customer feedback and concerns to ensure the accurate tracking of client success
- Excellent time management skills, ability to adapt and manage changes and multiple projects throughout the day
Required Skills & Competencies
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proactive, willing to take initiative on project tasks and ability to work independently
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds regularly, safely use ladder and be comfortable at heights
- Must be able to bend, squat, or stand for prolonged periods of time
- Must contribute to the team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed
- Valid driver’s license
- Compensation dependent on experience
- Health, Vision, and Dental benefits, paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays
- Non-Exempt Full-time
- 1-year experience preferred
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation time
- Health and dental benefits
- Life and disability insurance