2020 Summer Student Internship
Our summer internship will accelerate your learning and development by providing you with a strong foundation to build your career. Our interns work alongside and under the supervision of our project managers and will also interact with team members in customer service, our sales department, and our trade partners. The program provides students with a unique perspective on our integrated service lines of next generation connected technologies. As a program participant, you will also partake in learning and development activities designed especially for you. Students will have the opportunity to utilize the education and skills learned in the classroom and apply it to the real-world in an environment that is collaborative, team-centric, and has an execution-oriented culture focused on delivery.
Our summer internships are structured as paid, entry-level positions that expose interns to many applicable skills and build proficiencies in the life cycle of fiber and wireless technologies. We look for motivated individuals that are interested in going the extra mile and have a strong work ethic.
We believe that our people are our most valuable resources. We invest in developing our employees on an individual level because we know that each individual’s personality and talent will trickle throughout our organization — to our customers and beyond. We are a learning team actively looking for stellar people to help shape, grow, and continually improve us. If you feel you could contribute we’d love to meet you!
We offer our interns a chance to experience the following:
- Gain valuable hands-on experience
- Learn solid practices from an industry leader
- Build a professional network by fostering relationships with team members and local trades
- Contribute to our company vision and mission
- Earn an income
Role Description (Roles & Responsibilities)
Performing under the direction and supervision of the Project Manager, the intern will assist/perform the essential job duties and functions as listed below:
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of basic project recordkeeping and correspondence functions including daily and weekly reports, photographs.
- Assist in work groups on the jobsite and field operations.
- Provided opportunity to interpret drawings and specifications for field crews
- Assist in field surveying and work layout support.
- Assist the Project Manager with obtaining information and approvals for processing shop drawings and submittals.
- Provide field support.
- Maintenance of Inventory, Tools and Equipment.
- Verifying shipments and documentation.
- Participate in jobsite safety reviews, toolbox meetings, mass safety meetings, and safety training.
- Disseminate Construction information to appropriate parties.
- Monitor field variations and keep the Project Manager informed of any changes.
- Uphold safe working conditions and preventative safety measures and ensure compliance and enforcement of safety program at all times.
- Maintains positive working environment for entire site team.
- Other duties as assigned that are not included, but are within the context of duties defined.
Required Skills & Competencies
- Hold a strong academic record
- Excellent communication & written communication skills
- Collaboration and organizational skills
- Exhibits attention to detail and desire to work in a team environment
- Basic knowledge of construction activities
- Ability to interact and collaborate with diverse groups of people
- Capable of identifying problems and recommending corrective actions
- Strong ability to demonstrate leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Salary: $7.25/hour