Nexstream remains operating to provide essential business services and connectivity to new and existing customers during this unprecedented time.
Stay Connected InitiativeConnecting Communities in a Time of Need
Our communities face school closures and social distancing as the impact of CoVID-19 increases. Now is the time for the Hill Country to work together. Nexstream is here to do our part by implementing our Stay Connected Initiative.
Temporary closure of schools and businesses has presented difficulties for parents, teachers, and students. A stable Internet connection is an asset for remote students and workers providing access to online classrooms and job opportunities for those whose income has or will become uncertain.
As public health concerns require residents to isolate, the Internet helps us stay engaged with friends and family, get news updates, and enjoy entertainment.
Nexstream, your Hill Country neighbor headquartered in Fredericksburg, is removing barriers to connectivity in rural areas by committing to provide:
Attainable Internet options for students up to 90 days
Free and discounted home Internet access options for families with students that are experiencing economic hardship. Subject to availability. Offer valid through May 31, 2020 or end of school year (whichever comes first).
Fill out the form below to get started. Text or call 1-833-406-0639 for more information. Live help available 9am-4pm Monday-Friday.
Free Drive-In Community WiFi
With expanding locations around the Hill Country. To encourage social distancing as recommended by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), anyone will be able to park and access high-speed Internet 24/7 from the safety of their vehicle.
• Remain in your vehicle
• Spread out in the parking lot so you aren’t too close to other vehicles
• No facilities will be available (restroom, electricity, water, etc.) so come prepared
• Take all necessary precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19
Current locations for Drive-In Community WiFi
• Gillespie County Fairgrounds (coming soon)
• Wild Ride Ministries, Harper (coming soon)
• Stonewall Fire Department NOW AVAILABLE
• Bridge Church NOW AVAILABLE
Toll-free Community Helpline
Our technical helpline is open for families, students, and teachers to help with the shift to distance learning.
Fill out the form below to get started. Text or call 1-833-406-0639. Live help available 9am-4pm Monday-Friday.
Beware of Coronavirus Phishing Scams
COVID-19 has given rise to online criminals attempting to take advantage of the outbreak. The Department of Homeland Security CISA (cyber and infrastructure) warns us to remain vigilant for these types of scams and take the following precautions:
- • Don’t click on links or attachments in unsolicited emails.
- • If you get an attachment from someone you know, ensure it was really sent by them before opening.
- • Use your trusted government news sources for fact-based information about COVID-19.
- • Never reveal personal or financial information in an email. Do not respond to requests for this information.
- • Verify a charity’s legitimacy before making donations.
- • Don’t respond to emails about checks from the government. Anyone who tells you they can get you money now is a scammer.
- • Ignore offers for vaccinations.
- • Be wary of emails that claim to be from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) or the World Health Organization (WHO). Check their official websites for valid information
Complete the form below
Text or call 1-833-406-0639 with questions. Live help available 9am-4pm Monday-Friday.
All information provided will be kept confidential. We will not disclose your personal information to any third party.