4ip Nexstream is looking for a full-time Tower Technician to service the greater Hill Country area. We provide fixed wireless internet to residents and businesses throughout the region and we are meticulous about taking care of our infrastructure to deliver broadband to our customers.
4ip Nexstream is committed to safety in all areas of the company. We emphasize working safely at all times and promote a safe and healthy work environment. At 4ip Nexstream we take our training seriously and provide monthly safety training and ongoing technical training for all technicians. On the job training is provided for those with no experience.
We hire smart people who do work they are proud of.
- Climbing towers to repair, upgrade, troubleshoot or remove wireless infrastructure gear.
- Comfortably and safely climb and repair towers in excess of 200 ft.
- Taking pictures of tower sites, new and existing gear for our documentation.
- Building or maintaining solar sites.
- Install and maintain UPS units at tower sites.
- Install commercial and enterprise point to point connections.
- Install structured cabling.
- Put notes on tower work tickets after work is performed.
- Build enclosures, antennas and mounts as needed.
- Build new towers.
- Continually seek knowledge and study about the fixed wireless industry.
- Configure, troubleshoot and repair routers, radios and power control systems.
- Install portable towers.
- Perform commercial site surveys.
- Operate a bucket truck.
- Train for tower rescue situations and keep all certifications current. (Tower safety and rescue, First Aid, OSHA certification, and RF safety)
- Valid driver’s license
- Clean driving record
- Clean criminal background
- Ability to travel
- Not afraid of heights
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work long hours
- Experience climbing towers, antennas, and grain legs
- Prior WISP/wireless Internet experience
- Tower construction
- Tower safety and rescue certifications
- First Aid certification
- OSHA certification
- RF safety & awareness
- Class B CDL
- Low Voltage electrical license
- Compensation dependent on experience
- Health and Dental benefits, paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays
- Non-Exempt Full-time